We are seeking Project Managers for data center construction projects.
In this role, there will be a responsibility for the administration and execution of assigned projects in a safe, profitable and timely manner. It is possible to be assigned to multiple projects and/or a project of larger contract value and/or complexity. It is essential to be able to work in a manner consistent with the highest standards of quality and integrity. Project Managers will participate as requested in the marketing, estimating, project pursuit and contract negotiation phases of the projects assigned.
- Ensuring that Project Safety Rules and Regulations are followed for the execution of a safe project setting the example.
- Manage staff, including: establishing and communicating performance expectations, providing positive and constructive feedback.
- Reviews estimates with attention to: Adherence to cost control system, Equipment requirements and utilization, Constructability, Formwork, materials, and manpower.
- Manages the orderly, timely transition of projects from the estimating to the field.
- Transitions shall include project review meetings: review of contract requirements, general conditions, schedules, budgets, subcontracts and purchase order agreements.
- Coordinates the means and methods required for the successful and profitable execution of the work.
- Review and monitors manpower, equipment and material resources to accomplish this goal.
- Analyzes and approves CPM schedules monthly.
- Ensure that as many levels of detailed schedules are prepared and distributed as required to support the project schedule.
- Pays special attention to prevention and documentation of delays or changes.
- Oversees the preparation of the monthly progress report in coordination with the Project Superintendent and Project Engineer.
- Reviews and executes all change orders, supplements and cost control budget adjustments.
- Reviews and manages the procurement schedule.
- Manages all billings to insure timely submission of payment applications and receipt of payments from the owner in order to maintain a positive cash flow position.
- Manages the overall payment process with the subcontractors and Administration Department.
- Manages the execution of purchase order agreements and subcontracts with respect to insurance certificates, bonds, and the appropriate lien wavers.
- Coordinates with procurement staff.
- Completes close out requirements and punch lists in a timely manner.
- Provides feedback to estimators for use in future bidding or negotiations.
- Extensive (15+ years) experience in managing construction projects.
- Thorough knowledge of contract documents, materials, equipment utilization, scheduling systems, productivity analysis, construction operations, and cash flow procedures.
- Project Management experience on jobs larger than $50M.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience.
- Must possess proficient management, leadership, business and technical skills and abilities.
- Good written, verbal, and computer.
To apply for a career at Data Centre Realty please send your resume and cover letter to; careers[at]datacentrerealty.com, indicating the position you are applying for.